Tips to Pick a Great Home Security Company
While there are many experienced, reputable and reliable companies in almost every community, there are inevitably some people who are out to take advantage of the concerned home owner. You must be aware of the “fast buck operator” and be sure that what appears to be a bargain doesn’t turn out to be a costly mistake in the long run.
Select a well-established company with a record of successful operation behind it. The failure rate among companies entering the field is high and you don’t want to be left with a home security system that requires service with no one to do the job.
To help you make the right decision, there are a number of steps you can take. Don’t wait until a salesman is in your home before you start thinking about the standing of the company. Check beforehand. Business and Trade Associations are excellent places to check on a company BEFORE you invite anyone into your home. This way, you can eliminate in advance the likelihood of being “pressured” by an unsavory or disreputable company.
Make sure any employees who have access to your home are bonded.
While it is possible today to obtain an alarm component for “do-it-yourself” installation, such systems can provide a false sense of security. They normally do not provide full coverage of the home, may not be of the same quality as a dealer-installed system, and be false alarm prone unless installed by a person of sufficient technical skill.
Don’t wait until a salesman is in your home before you start thinking about the standing of the company. Check beforehand.匝
Here are some additional questions to consider when choosing an alarm company:
- Is the security system designed for your specific needs using today’s technology and proper installation?
- Does the alarm company have errors and omissions insurance?
- Are there any hidden costs?
- Does the alarm company meet industry accepted standards? Underwriter’s Laboratories of Canada certification is a quality assurance program that will ensure that your alarm and monitoring company are following standards in installation, equipment use and business practices.
- Does the alarm company provide a 24 hour customer support/service number?
- Does the alarm company have an adequate training program in use and operation of their alarm system?
- Does the alarm monitoring company have access to a bonded and insured key holder service?
- Is alternative first response service available?
- Will it give you piece of mind for years to come and provide trouble free operation?
Contact us today!
Let’s get started with a no-charge site assessment from your local security consultant in Hamilton, St. Catharines, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Brantford, Cambridge, Niagara, Kitchener and Waterloo.
1-877-946-8744 (Toll Free)